Mid Cornwall needs investment in its infrastructure to underpin its regeneration plans and we are committed to playing our part in helping to deliver this. Water and Sewerage, Heat and Electricity provision are all key issues on our agenda as part of the proposals for West Carclaze.
- A391 improvement already delivered.
- Sewerage and Water built into future development plans - potential to benefit other villages too.
- Opportunity to create the framework for an energy efficient site-wide District Heating System to cover the whole development.
- Planning consent in place for a 9MW solarfarm to utilise non-productive land. Will provide renewable oset for energy being consumed on site.
- Creation of 60,900 cubic metres of rain water storage on site.
- Over 60% reduction in run off compared to today.
- Water usage monitoring in each house.
- A new ring main is proposed to serve the site with infrastructure improvements in St Austell, Trebal and Carthew.
- A new switching station and transformers would be included as part of the on-site development. This improvement would be a benefit to the wider area including Penwithick.
- Waste is expected to go to the Luxulyan Sewerage Treatment Plant. A significant upgrade to this system is proposed. As well as providing a solution for the development, this will also improve the situation for the wider area.